Tuesday 5 June 2012



This is my first blog post ever, so I hope you enjoy. As I sit down to write this I feel nervous and excited writing my thoughts and experiences out for everyone to see. I am a Moksha Yoga instructor and we are in the middle of a 7 week challenge called Living Your Moksha. For 7 weeks we get a different challenge every week based on the 7 pillars of Moksha. This weeks challenge is Live to Learn, looking through a beginners eyes, not just in your yoga practice but in your daily life. So I set that intention for myself today, to teach that way, to look at things that way, to experience things that way.This morning it was raining, and at first rain can be kind of a bummer, but when you look at it and experience it with a beginners mind its very fascinating. Fresh pure water falling from the sky, feels cool to the skin, smells fresh and clean. When you watch how Mother Earth reacts to rain its as if shes re-hydrating after days and weeks without water, likes shes taking a breath of fresh air. Everything becomes lush, green, and bursting with life. A friend of mine said it best this morning:
Dear Rain, thank you for your growth and perpetual cleansing for behind your cold and dreary exterior there is warmth and new life.
 
After my classes this morning I had the pleasure of practicing with a great teacher and friend, to experience yoga from a beginners mind was invigorating. Moving through vinyasa's with breath and really feeling my body and energy move as if it were the first time, brought a smile to my face. I left feeling inspired and light, as if I were walking on top of the rain clouds. 
Set your intention for the rest of your day of looking through a beginners eye's, you might be surprised at what you may learn.  
peace
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment