Monday 23 July 2012

Eyes on the Prize

Hey Guys... So lately I have been thinking about looking where you are going.  Literally and figuratively....

I recently went to a yoga core workshop in Portland with Kathryn Budig, wich was amazing by the way. And we were working on jump thoroughs. (when you jump from down dog swing your legs between your arms to  sitting on your bum) And besides all the core strength it takes you also gotta have your eyes looking where you want to end up (infront of your hands). Surprisingly as soon as you look up where you want to go it becomes that much easier. ( I am still less than graceful)

As the same with riding horses especially Barrel Racing, if you are not looking where you want to be during your run trust me you are not going to end up there. I have also realized this technique is true with driving; while driving the California coast all the windy roads that are on top on abrupt cliffs you need to keep both eyes in the road at ALL times.

Now for the more figuratively point... my last year has been one hell of a ride since finishing my Moksha Yoga Teacher Training last June. I have accomplished more and gone farther then I thought possible in a year. By keeping my eyes open and looking ahead and just kept going forwardno matter what curve balls came my way.

If you are not looking forward at what you want to do or where you want to be you become stagnant, stale even. Even just small things, maybe you already have the dream life that you want which is sweet and you should be proud of yourself for getting there. But if you don't continue to grow to look forward and move toward it even your dream life can become still. So even something as little as reading more, or learning to meditate can help you keep growing.

But if you don't set goals and keep your eyes open and looking ahead you may find yourself getting stuck half way in your jump through or driving off the side of the road......

Sending Love and Light From Cali
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment