Thursday 3 January 2013

Yoga/Meditation Challange Day 3

Yesterday morning I went to a friends yoga class in the morning, and her intention or theme for class was very fitting with my intention for this year. My intention being self acceptance and self love, her theme for class being strengthening your relationship with yourself. She made a very important statement that may seem obvious but maybe you haven't really thought about it before.

"Your relationship with yourself is the longest relationship you will ever have."

 WOW isn't that the truth. So if our relationship with our self is the longest one we will ever have why do we avoid working on it the most? Common sense would suggest we would improve and work on it more than any other relationship. If we have to spend so much time with ourselves why do we continually beat our selves up? Why is it harder to love our selves than it is to love someone else? We see the flaws and characters in other people and accept them why can't we accept ours?

We can. It just takes work, it takes small steps to teach yourself how to love you. At the beginning they definitely feel cheesy and stupid but like anything if you give them a fighting chance you may notice you start to feel more compassionate towards yourself, you start to feel more peaceful.

My meditation of choice for the past 3 days has been: Breathing in I LOVE MYSELF Breathing out I AM THAT. When I finish my seated meditation I thank myself for taking the time to sit and love, and accept me.

So another way to say my intention for 2013 is I am working on my relationship with me, I am getting to know me, I am growing my love for me.

peace & love
xoxo

Kate

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! and so true. why is it so difficult to just accept ourselves as we are? great intention that i can work on as well- thank you for the reminder
    :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete